Norwegian continues to expand its route network, this time with full force in Germany with five new route launches from Düsseldorf Airport and three new route launches from Hannover Airport.
The airline announced the launch of eight new routes in Germany, where it already operates routes in Germany from Hamburg, Munich, Berlin and Cologne.
Nearly 170 000 seats are available for the summer season to and from Düsseldorf Airport and over 50 000 seats available for the summer season to and from Hannover Airport – all of them to popular Spanish destinations.
“We’re happy to announce that Norwegian is launching new routes in Germany to several popular destinations in Spain. We hope and believe that even more Germans will enjoy flying in our brand new and more environmentally friendly fleet of Boeing 737-800 aircraft with free WiFi on board,” said Chief Commercial Officer Thomas Ramdahl of Norwegian.
Thomas Schnalke, CEO of Düsseldorf Airport said:
“Norwegian’s decision for Düsseldorf is an indicator of the significance and strength of our Rhine-Ruhr Region. The addition of another strong European carrier means that our network of airline partners is growing and becoming even stronger. This expands our route portfolio with great perspective, as the engagement of Norwegian in Düsseldorf is meant to be the beginning of a close partnership. We are already talking about adding more routes and the stationing of airplanes in Düsseldorf.”
Dr. Raoul Hille, Managing Director of Hannover Airport said:
“We are pleased to extend out low-cost segment at Hannover airport with our new airline partner, Norwegian. Norwegian is a very successful brand that will give us the potential for further growth and the new routes will make our summer schedule even more attractive.”
New route launches in Germany are as follows:
– Düsseldorf – Malaga: four weekly departures on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays. Start date: May 1, 2017;
– Düsseldorf – Alicante: three weekly departures on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. Start date: June 4, 2017;
– Düsseldorf – Barcelona: three weekly departures on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Start date: March 27, 2017;
– Düsseldorf – Palma de Mallorca: six weekly departures on all days except Saturdays. Start date: June 8, 2017;
– Düsseldorf – Tenerife: two weekly departures on Mondays and Fridays. Start date: May 1, 2017;
– Hannover – Alicante: two weekly departures on Wednesdays and Sundays. Start date: June 4, 2017;
– Hannover – Malaga: two weekly departures on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Start date: April 29, 2017;
– Hannover – Palma de Mallorca: two weekly departures on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Start date: June 10, 2017.