Qantas has announced four additional return Boeing 737-800 services to Wellington from 19 to 23 December 2014 to cater for increased demand over the holiday period.
Qantas will operate three return services between Melbourne and Wellington and one return service between Sydney and Wellington. This is in addition to the 14 return services a week already offered between Sydney and Wellington and 7 return services between Melbourne and Wellington.
Qantas Executive Manager International Sales, Stephen Thompson said, “New Zealand is a key market for Qantas and these additional services to Wellington are part of more flexible scheduling to meet demand, particularly for people visiting friends and relatives over Christmas.
“We’ve added services across the trans-Tasman to meet demand over the holiday period with 124 flights and more than 26,000 seats.”
Additional seasonal services to New Zealand:
– Sydney-Wellington: One return supplementary service on 20 December 2014
– Melbourne-Wellington: Three return supplementary services on 19, 22 and 23 December 2014
– Perth-Auckland: Two return seasonal services per week between 5 December 2014 and 26 April 2015
– Sydney-Auckland: Five return supplementary services between 17 and 27 December 2014 Six return supplementary services between 1 and 26 January 2015. Upgraded aircraft to A330 on 20 and 26 December 2014
– Brisbane-Auckland: One return supplementary service on 20 December 2014
– Melbourne-Auckland: Two return supplementary services on 20 and 27 December 2014
– Sydney-Christchurch: Three return supplementary services on 20, 23 and 26 December 2014