Norwegian is expanding its low-cost long-haul network with a 55 per cent increase in the number of flights to the US from next summer.
Brits will have more affordable choices to visit the US with a sharp increase in the number of flights from 22 to 34 flights per week on Norwegian’s popular long-haul routes from Gatwick Airport.
The airline has more than doubled its long-haul passengers from London Gatwick in the past year and will continue its rapid UK growth in 2017 by introducing:
A double-daily service on the flagship New York JFK route:
– From 10 August, Norwegian’s daily service from London Gatwick to New York will double, with two flights per day now being offered. The additional daily flight will offer a 9am arrival time in New York, allowing business travellers to attend all-important meetings throughout the day and depart the same evening. Holidaymakers can also make the most of their trip by arriving in the Big Apple bright and early to instantly enjoy the energy and excitement of New York City.
A daily service to Los Angeles:
– From April, the popular London to LA route will increase to 7 flights per week, becoming Norwegian’s second US destination to be served daily.
Five-weekly departures to Oakland-San Francisco:
– Also from April, Norwegian’s other popular California destinationOakland-San Francisco will also increase. Flights to Oakland-San Francisco will climb to five-weekly departures giving Brits even more options to visit the Bay Area in time for the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love.
Three-weekly services to Orlando and two-weekly flights to Ft. Lauderdale:
– Tourists wishing to holiday in sunny Florida will also have more choice to enjoy family-friendly attractions from April with three-weekly services to Orlando and two-weekly flights to Ft. Lauderdale, offering the most affordable route to Miami and fast access to cruise ports.
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer at Norwegian said:
“Our US flights are more popular than ever and customer demand shows low-cost long-haul flights are here to stay. By expanding the number of transatlantic flights from Gatwick, we are giving tourists and business passengers more flexibility, attractive fares and convenient schedules. With nine more 787 Dreamliners entering our fleet next year, this will be just the beginning of our UK expansion. Norwegian will continue to grow the number of great value flights to the US and drive down fares to become the UK’s number one airline of choice.”
Stewart Wingate, Chief Executive Officer at Gatwick Airport said:
“Norwegian’s low-cost long-haul services to the US just go from strength to strength because they keep giving passengers what they want – affordable prices, great service and frequent flights to top destinations. The new double daily service to New York with its 9am arrival time, and increased frequencies to LA and Oakland – San Francisco will suit Gatwick’s business passengers in particular. These new flights compliment Gatwick’s 50+ strong long-haul route network and offer UK passengers yet more opportunities for both leisure and business.”
Route frequency increases – per week:
Next summer, customers will enjoy 12 additional US flights per week from London Gatwick:
– From 15 April 2017. Los Angeles: two additional weekly flights to become a daily service;
– From 17 April 2017. Ft. Lauderdale: one additional weekly flight to two flights per week (Mon, Wed);
– From 18 April 2017. Oakland-San Francisco: two additional weekly flights to five flights per week (Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sun);
– From 20 April 2017. Orlando: one additional weekly flight to three flights per week (Tue, Thu, Sat);
– From 10 August 2017. New York: six additional flights to become double-daily service (except Wed with one departure).