Share Tweet Share Share Email Comments
Qatar Airways’ resumption of four-weekly Atlanta flights on 1 June marks the full return of the airline’s pre-pandemic U.S. network increasing its gateways to 12, two more than it operated before COVID-19.
The airline will also be increasing frequencies to Boston, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Seattle offering more flexible travel options for its passengers with more than 85 weekly flights across the United States. These increased services will provide enhanced connectivity to several of the airline’s global leisure destinations including Cape Town, Maldives, Seychelles and Zanzibar, along with other key traffic flows in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, Mr. Akbar Al Baker, said:
“Despite the challenges of the pandemic, Qatar Airways has remained committed to its passengers and trade partners in the United States, maintaining continuous services while rebuilding its U.S. network and launching two new destinations – San Francisco and Seattle. We have also strengthened our presence in the U.S. through strategic partnerships with Alaska Airlines, American Airlines and JetBlue that have enabled us to connect to more points in the United States than any other airline, providing U.S. travellers the most convenient way to travel internationally this summer.
“As more of our passengers return to the skies, they can take comfort knowing that they are travelling with the only airline in the world that has, together with our state-of-the-art global hub Hamad International Airport, achieved four 5-Star Skytrax ratings – including the prestigious 5-Star Airline Rating, 5-Star Airport Rating, 5-Star COVID-19 Airline Safety Rating and 5-Star COVID-19 Airport Safety Rating. We are proud to have lead the industry during this difficult period, setting the benchmark for innovation, safety and customer service, and look forward to welcoming our customers back on board as they plan their summer travels.”
Americas Network Enhancements:
- Atlanta – Four weekly flights resuming 1 June
- Boston – Increasing to four weekly flights from 3 July
- Miami – Increasing to five weekly flights from 7 July
- New York – Increasing to double daily flights from 21 July
- Philadelphia – Increasing to five weekly flights from 2 July
- Sao Paulo – Increasing to double daily flights from 6 August
- San Francisco – Increasing to daily flights from 2 July
- Seattle – Increasing to daily flights from 8 July
Recommended for you
- Oman Air and Qatar Airways Further Expand Strategic Cooperation
- China Southern Airlines and Qatar Airways Announce Codeshare Agreement
- Qatar Airways Adds New Destination to its U.S. Route Network
Click to comment
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Yes, add me to your mailing list